Looking for an experienced landscaping company?
Enter ALDA Landscapes! We are a Berkshire landscaping company, owned and run by landscaping specialist John Hill.
- We are specialists in designing and constructing gardens for private clients and small businesses.
- We employ a small, enthusiastic, well trained and highly skilled in-house team.
- Based in Newbury, Berkshire. We also have a base in Hare Hatch, near Reading.
- We have a wealth of experience in designing and constructing creative yet practical gardens.
- All gardens have unique characteristics. Similarly, clients have widely varying requirements in terms of what they want from their gardens, how much they wish to spend, and also the type of help they are seeking from garden designers and landscape contractors. We pride ourselves on providing a totally flexible and highly professional service which is tailored to the individual requirements of each and every client.
About John Hill
John has extensive experience within the construction, groundworks, drainage and landscaping sectors, and worked for a large construction company and a local landscape contractor before starting his own business. He had a long association with a renowned local garden centre, for whom he undertook many and varied projects.
In addition to working from existing plans and drawings, John also crafts bespoke structures and features for clients onsite, such as outdoor rooms, log stores, storage containers and water features.
About Katie Thomas
Katie is our principal garden designer, and has been designing a wide variety of gardens for over six years. She is passionate about designing creative, yet practical solutions. Katie is also a keen artist and loves creating hand drawn, real to life perspective sketches to help clients visualise her designs.
Where we’ve come from
ALDA Landscapes was established in 2006 by garden designer Alison Tipping together with current owner John Hill. Both had a wealth of experience in their respective fields, and had worked for many years independently (Alison as ALDA Design, and John as Hills Landscapes) before combining forces.
From the outset, the goal was to provide a consistently excellent design and construction service and over the years ALDA Landscapes has become established as one of Berkshire’s leading garden design companies. Our reputation for strong, practical design combined with stellar construction and excellent customer service has enabled us to grow the business on a firm footing and we’ve not looked back since.
In 2017, we were pleased to welcome Katie Thomas on board as a garden designer, and Katie worked alongside Alison until Alison’s retirement in 2019, with Katie then taking over as principal designer. Alison and Kate’s shared outlook in terms of design approach and strong customer service has meant that we’re able to continue to provide a first class design and construction service to old and new clients alike.
We are delighted with the work all the team put into our project. Thanks so much to ALL of you – you’ve been a great team and we would recommend your services.