Selecting a garden design company can be a daunting business. After all, your garden is rather a permanent fixture! And garden design projects don’t come cheap.
To help you decide whether we’re right for you, here’s an honest list of what you can expect from us. Further down the page you’ll also find out how we work, and who’s in our in-house team. But you’ll know for sure when we meet – give us a call today to book your free initial consultation. When working with ALDA you should expect:
- A listening ear. Each garden and each set of client requirements is unique. Listening to what you want from your garden is arguably the most important step in your whole garden design project.
- Advice and ‘hand-holding’ support throughout the project – when it comes to talking through designs, planting plans, materials and more, you won’t be on your own! Our garden designer Katie will be involved from start to finish, and our in-house construction team often provide feasibility input in the design phase – so there’s a smooth transition from one point to the next.
- Design to suit your style, not ours – we have experience designing a wide range of garden styles and sizes – from cottage gardens to formal courtyards, traditional to modern, tiny to extensive.
- A horticultural focus and expert plant knowledge. We’re as at home with planting as we are with paving. Expect planting plans that delight.
- High quality craftsmanship and attention to detail from our highly skilled in-house team – we don’t skimp on things like paving jointing, drainage solutions and fencing. We believe in quality.
- Clear, up-front quotations and communication, followed up with traditional service and old fashioned courtesy. We have a reputation to maintain after all.
We are delighted with the work all the team put into our project. Thanks so much to ALL of you – you’ve been a great team and we would recommend your services.
How we work
Each project is different, but the following will give you an overview of what to expect when we work with you on your garden re-design.
Our In-House Team
We pride ourselves on being traditionally skilled and exercising real craftsmanship; we don’t just sub work out to contractors. We’re as happy with soft landscaping as we are with hard landscaping. We believe in attention to detail and good old fashioned service. We work with trusted partners where appropriate, such as for lighting and other electrical installations.
John has extensive experience within the construction, groundworks, drainage and landscaping sectors and a keen eye for detail. He had a long association with a renowned local garden centre, for whom he undertook many and varied projects. In addition to working from existing plans and drawings, John also crafts bespoke timber structures for clients on-site. Before starting his own business, he worked for a large construction company and a local landscape contractor.
Katie is our principal garden designer, and has been designing a wide variety of gardens for over six years. She is passionate about designing creative, yet practical solutions. Katie is also a keen artist and loves creating hand drawn, real to life perspective sketches to help clients visualise her designs.
Brett is a skilled member of the team in all areas of garden landscaping. He has been with the company for 11 years since starting out as an apprentice landscaper and now has plenty of experience in such things as brick laying, installing porcelain paving, setting out to plan, soft landscaping to name a few. When John is off site Brett is the go-to person.
Kenny has been with ALDA for 2 years and is a valued member of the team. He has picked up many construction and landscaping skills in that time from John and Brett, and he is always on hand to answer any questions from clients.
Kate works in the ALDA office in Newbury on the admin side. She is the first point of contact for client enquiries and will be the person sending out design proposals, landscaping quotations and liaising with John and Katie regarding client updates and support throughout the process of design to build.