Our client’s brief was simply ‘to create a clean contemporary space, which is multifunctional and visually beautiful’.
So here’s how we did it…
Contemporary Garden Recipe:
In her design, Katie cleverly mixes in a number of contemporary design ingredients…
- A sunken seating patio along the right boundary of the garden has been created.
- Large pale grey porcelain slabs in ‘Modena Silver’ have been used for the new paved areas.
- An enclosed U shaped raised bed, takes on a modern look with its white rendered walls topped with porcelain ledges. Two built in porcelain seats are slotted into both corners.
- White rendered raised beds also run along the perimeters of the rest of the garden echoing the seating area and uniting the elements of the design.
- Minimal planting with structural plants and a limited colour pallet contrast with the bright paving and walls and add to the crisp contemporary feel.
Work in Progress
The photos below show the seating area and raised beds being built before the rendering and porcelain slabs are added. As always, attention to detail and quality of workmanship at all stages of the build is key.
Our client is very happy with the results of the finished landscaping, which ties in so well with their modern kitchen extension along the back of the house. The garden now takes on a completely new style, with the new sitting area working as a further extension to the house. The patio sits comfortably with the rest of the garden, thanks to the contemporary raised beds and planting.
The modern transformation is revealed in these before and after photos.
From planning a new border to a complete garden remodel, we pride ourselves on transforming ideas into beautiful reality, with minimum disruption. If you’re based in or around the Reading and Newbury area, we’d love to meet and discuss your project in detail – book your free no-obligation garden consultation today.